Hi, everyone! With Supernatural premiering tomorrow (!!!), we’d like to take this opportunity to explain how the newsletter will be operating for the new season.
1. Episode Reviews. As many of you remember, the list of links to episode reviews got insane by the end of last season, and the fandom’s only grown bigger since then! Starting tomorrow, we will therefore no longer be including episode reviews in the main newsletter edition. Instead, the night of each new episode, we will have a separate post for reviews. If you post an episode review or reaction in your journal, you are welcome to comment to this episode review post with a link to your review. (Please do not comment with your reactions or reviews themselves; this is not a discussion post.) Friday’s edition(s) will also include a link back to this episode review post.
2. Friday edition(s). Like we did at the end of last season, we will be splitting the newsletter on Fridays following a new episode into two editions. One will be posted by early afternoon (US eastern standard time) and the other will be posted as normal in the evening.
3. Spoiler policy. We will continue to make every attempt to note spoilers for unaired episodes for fic, pics, and icons, when we see them. In addition, we will avoid mentioning specific plot points in our link descriptions for unaired AND aired episodes. However, once an episode has aired, we WILL be mentioning the title, just like we did last season. In addition, any fic that includes a character from an aired episode in the pairing WILL have that character noted.
4. Suggestion post. As always, if you think we have missed a particular item or post, please continue to comment to the most recent newsletter edition. However, if you have general comments or suggestions, we’d like to ask that you comment to [ the suggestion post ] — also linked in the [ community info ] — instead. You are also welcome to email the mods.
5. Fic guidelines. And it always bears repeating that in order for us to be able to link your fic, the post needs to have a title, rating, and pairing (or “no pairing” or “gen” needs to be indicated).
If you have any questions or comments about any of these specific issues, feel free to reply to this post. Comments are screened.
Thanks as always for reading, and for your patience as our new coders get acclimated, our veteran coders get re-acclimated, and we catch up with all the new people for the watcher list!